Eat, drink, and shrink with Smart Fats and Smart Sweeteners.
Thanksgiving is here!
It seems like it was just last year when we gathered with our families for Turkey Day. There is so much to give thanks for—and I am so grateful for all of YOU who have been so tremendously supportive for the past three decades!
That’s why I am sharing one of my latest culinary creations for your enjoyment. While you may not have enough time to prepare for this Thanksgiving, do keep this fresh and delightful treat in mind for upcoming holiday gatherings whether Christmas or Hanukah.
It’s easy, it’s delicious and features my brand new favorite sugar substitute—Lakanto: a blend of Chinese Monk Fruit and Non-GMO Erythritol. You won’t miss the white stuff at all—I promise!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 ripe avocados
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lime juice (key limes are best, if you can get them)
- ⅓ cup Lakanto Monk Fruit Sweetener
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- To make the crust: Melt the butter in a skillet over low heat. In a food processor, pulse the pecans and coconut flakes for 90 seconds. Next add the melted butter, vanilla and sea salt and process the mixture until it sticks together but retains a crumbly texture. Press the crust into the bottom and side of a pie pan. Chill in the refrigerator.
- To make the filling: Peel and pit the avocados and put them into a food processor or blender along with the lime juice, sweetener, oil and lime zest. Blend until smooth and thick. Pour the filling into the chilled crust and freeze for three hours or until the center is firm. Transfer to the refrigerator and chill for two more hours before serving.
This recipe is also featured in my NEW book, Eat Fat, Lose Weight: How Smart Fats reset metabolism, stress, hunger and sex hormones for lasting weight loss and radiant health. Along with this recipe you’ll find dozens more with new and creative ways to incorporate the Smart Fats into your diet–whether at breakfast, lunch, dinner, and yes, dessert!
PREORDER Eat, Fat Lose Weight NOW
Available in kindle format December 1, 2015.
Best wishes for a blessed and beautiful Thanksgiving!