Heal with ancient miracle remedies.
Essential oils are all the rage. Whether you’re seeking to treat a specific ailment or simply want a safe scent to fill your home, essential oils provide a wide array of therapeutic benefits. Yet, they are hardly new to the scene.
Quite the opposite, actually.
Essential oils date back to Biblical times. In fact, the Bible contains 14 principle oils: calamus, cassia, cedarwood, cinnamon, cypress, frankincense, galbanum, hyssop, myrrh, myrtle, onycha, rose of sharon, sandalwood, and spikenard. I bet you recognized at least a few on this list.
So, what exactly are essential oils? They’re simply oils that are distilled from the roots, leaves, and flowers of wild or organically grown plants.
In other words, “they are the lifeblood of the plant.”
Elegant, simple, but powerful.
I’ve been a fan for decades. I use them topically by rubbing one or two oils onto my skin (like lemongrass and cypress combined with a carrier oil like almond) or I use a few drops in a relaxing bath. I also love diffusing oils throughout the rooms of my home.
There certainly are oils for everything! Below is my go-to “first aid kit” for health and healing.
Cedarwood: Promotes hair growth, diminishes skin irritation and acne, and reduces coughing.
Cinnamon: Fights bacteria, parasites, fungus and microbes, and is a holistic alternative to an antibiotic.
Clove: Works as an antibacterial and anti-parasitic solution.
Cypress: Provides emotional support during stress and loss, reduces cellulite, and treats connective tissue injuries.
Eucalyptus: Provides respiratory relief for issues like bronchitis and allergies.
Frankincense: Relieves allergies, headaches, warts, and bronchitis.
Hyssop: Soothes sore throats and respiratory infections.
Lavender: Boosts healing of burns and cuts, and promotes relaxation.
Lemon: Improves lymph drainage and is effective in household cleaners.
Myrrh: Acts as an antiseptic and relieves diarrhea.
Oregano: Fights fungus and tamps out common colds symptoms.
Peppermint: Supports digestion, sooths headaches, and reduces fever.
Sandalwood: Deepens sleep, supports the female reproductive system, and calms UTI symptoms.
Spikenard: Eases migraines and nausea and provides cardiovascular support.
Tea Tree: Fights skin infection and helps heal insect bites and cuts.
Please keep the following in mind when using essential oils, however:
• Avoid oils that contain synthetic ingredients, which might produce an allergic reaction—buy only 100 percent pure and natural oils.
• Store oils in a tightly closed blue or amber glass bottle away from sunlight or heat (your refrigerator is an ideal spot).
• Avoid using the oils near candles or open flames as they are highly flammable.
• Never swallow them and always keep them away from your eyes, ears, and mucus membranes.
• Don’t apply them directly to your skin without mixing with a carrier oil first.
• Keep away from children and pets.
• Pay mind to the recommended amount of these potent oils to ensure you don’t “overdose.”
If you’re wanting more info—and I hope you are—do join me for The Essential Oils Revolution 2 that’s free and online from August 22 through August 29, 2016. Last year this record-breaking summit drew in over 165,000 people. This year we’re expecting even more staggering numbers. You will learn:
• Why essential oils are truly nature’s best medicine
• How to use essential oils safely and effectively
• Tips for regaining control of your health
• Home recipes, guides, safety protocols and best practices
My talk during the Summit airs on kickoff day, August 22. I’ll be diving into The Truth About Essential Oils and the Bible, including:
• The best ways to use Biblical oils for health and vitality
• The #1 oil you’ve never heard about (and why you need it!)
• The secret to using olive oil leaf extract
I truly hope you will join me! Sign up today to make sure you receive all emails and updates here. If you’d like to purchase the talks to listen to at your own pace, you can do that here. Like essential oils, there’s an option for everyone!