We’ve all heard about the amazing health benefits of green juices, but why is everyone suddenly hopping on the celery juice bandwagon – is it really that good for you?
There’s no question that celery juice is the latest trend taking the nutrition world by storm. I did a quick search on Instagram today and found 122,000 posts on celery juice, on the accounts of health gurus like Kris Carr and Anthony William, and celebs like Gwyneth Paltrow and Pharrell.
In my 4 decades of experience in this field, I have seen a lot of trends like this come and go – some are like the one-hit wonders of the music world and disappear as quick as they came, while others are backed by solid science and stand the test of time. Celery juice has been an integral part of health tonics for almost a century now, but this is the first time it’s taking the spotlight, and there’s promising research that when it comes to health and weight loss, it belongs in the limelight.
5 Health and Weight Loss Benefits of Celery Juice
Most of us have tried munching on celery sticks as a healthy alternative to those crunchy, salty fried foods we love to snack on. While those good-for-you green stalks may help stave off cravings, it turns out the juice packs more of a healthy weight loss punch. Celery juice is packed with antioxidants and is rich in vitamin C, vitamin K, riboflavin, vitamin B6, and folate, and full of electrolytes like potassium, sodium, magnesium, calcium, and manganese. All of these nutrients come together to cleanse and hydrate you, reduce inflammation, promote healthy digestion, and boost your metabolism in 5 main ways.
- Say Bye-Bye to Belly Bloat and Water Weight.Thanks to celery juice’s high potassium and sodium content, it’s a natural diuretic that also hydrates you. It’s also anti-inflammatory and detoxifying, so putting all that together means it flushes excess fluids and bloating from your body, to slim your stomach and cleanse your kidneys all at once! But it doesn’t stop there – celery juice also helps you produce optimal levels of stomach acid, so your food is broken down for proper digestion, eliminating another cause of belly bloat.
- It Feeds Your Fat-Burning Microbes.When I was writing Radical Metabolism, I discovered one of the potent antioxidants found in celery juice – a bioflavonoid called apigenin – feeds the healthy bacteria in your microbiome known to help you lose weight. This little antioxidant marvel is not only a powerful weight loss ally, but is anti-inflammatory and boasts anti-tumor properties as well. This flavonoid is best consumed as juice, where the fiber can’t interfere with any of its health-promoting and slim-stimulating actions.
- It Lowers Blood Sugar, Blood Lipids, and Blood Pressure.When blood sugar is running high, insulin is too, and this makes weight loss a challenge – especially for diabetics. Once your sugars are up, it isn’t long before cholesterol and blood pressure are on the rise, too. Studies show that celery juice brings blood sugar, blood pressure, and blood lipids (circulating cholesterol) back to normal within 2 months.
- Celery Juice Cleanses the Colon.When your digestion isn’t working properly, inflammation sets in and it’s easy to pack on the pounds. Unhealthy digestion also sets the stage for pathogens and parasites to take up residence, making the problem even worse. Celery juice has antifungal, antibacterial, antiparasitic and antiviral properties, and feeds the healthy bacteria that also fight these “bad bugs.” Once it normalizes stomach acid levels, it also helps purge the food debris from the small intestine that wasn’t being digested properly, eliminating the favorite food sources for the unwanted hidden hitchhikers that make you fat, sick, and tired.
- Your Liver Loves Celery Juice.If you’ve read my Radical Metabolism plan, then you know how essential liver health is to your overall health and weight loss. Celery juice helps you build better bile, which is crucial for your fat metabolism. It not only promotes bile production, but helps flush out the thick, sluggish bile that slows your detox and your weight loss. Because it gets your digestion running smoothly, your liver can flush toxins into your intestines for quick and easy elimination, which means better, healthier, and faster weight loss for you.
My Gift to You: A Bonus Juice Recipe
Thousands are already reaping the weight loss and health benefits of my Radical Metabolism plan, and I don’t want you to miss out! As my free gift to you, I’m giving you a sneak peek into one of the daily juices you’ll consume on the plan to boost your afternoon energy and metabolism, and keep your weight loss going all day long.
PM High Five Juice
¾ cup jicama, peeled and chopped
½ of a cucumber with skin
½ of an apple with skin, cored to remove seeds
3 celery stalks
2 inches of fresh ginger root, peeled
½ of a lemon with peel
Choose organic ingredients whenever possible. Wash fruits and vegetables. Process all ingredients through a juicer. Drink immediately for maximum nutrition benefits.