Clean up your diet with a few simple tweaks.
Whether you’ve tried one too many fad diets, have fallen off the Fat Flush bandwagon, or just want tips for lifetime weight management, read on for my excuse-proof tips to help you flush the fat and stop the dieting merry-go-round.
1. Break that fast. Think about it. You have been fasting for a good 8 to 10 hours since eating dinner and going to sleep. Studies show that breakfast skippers have problems concentrating and a lack of sustainable energy. You’ll be reaching for coffee, sweets, and sugar-laden energy drinks to give your blood sugar an immediate lift, but soon after you’ll feel drained again and on the prowl for another sugar hit.
My solution: Fat Flush Body Protein, a powerhouse protein powder that is dairy-(including whey) and soy-free for the most sensitive individuals. It’s made from rice and pea protein (plus stevia and inulin) so that it has a complete balanced profile of amino acids with a respectable 20 grams of protein per serving, and it’s GMO-free.
The powder blend has a distinct advantage over other vegan protein powders because it balances the high-lysine yellow pea protein with the low-lysine rice protein. Similarly, the high sulfur-bearing cysteine and methionine contained in the rice protein complements the lower levels of these amino acids in the yellow pea. To make a lip-smacking smoothie, simply combine in a blender 1 scoop Fat Flush Body Protein, 8 ounces water or cran-water (1oz. 100% unsweetened cranberry juice to 7 oz. of water), 1 cup fresh or frozen fruit, 1 tablespoon flaxseed oil, 1 tablespoon flax or chia seeds, and ice cubes (if you’d like). Delicious satisfaction for 3-4 hours!
2. Eat all the colors of the rainbow. You’ll get all those stellar phytochemicals (think lycopene, lutein, and sulforaphane) in seasonal vegetables and fruits. Include at least two dark, leafy greens (like kale, collards, and romaine lettuce) and brightly pigmented vegetables and fruits (like tomatoes, fresh corn, oranges, and blueberries) to compliment your daily intake of protein foods (omega-3 eggs, organic poultry, lean beef, deep sea fish, legumes, and tofu) and healthy fats (olive oil, walnuts, and chia seeds).
3. Don’t eat the same foods every day. Variety is the spice of life, and the more kinds of foods you eat, the greater your chances of taking in all the important nutrients that ward off dis-ease like diabetes, heart disease, and arthritis. Strive for at least ten different kinds of foods a day instead of just a few.
4. Eat lunch like a king and dinner like a pauper. Our caloric and metabolic needs peak at midday. Work with your metabolism, not against it.
5. Use pure water as your #1 beverage. Since water is the most natural and effective diluting agent, it is important that it be used therapeutically for cleansing. Drinking any other liquids, such as coffee, tea (even herbal teas), soft drinks, diet drinks, carbonated water, mineral water, or unsweetened fruit juice, is not recommended. All of these beverages contain some type of substance that must go through a digestive process. This is exactly what you don’t want. This is why you should drink your 8-12 8-ounce glasses today:
• Drinking water before a meal takes the edge off your appetite.
• Water ensures normal bowel and kidney function to rid the body of waste—as well as stored fat.
• Drinking water alleviates fluid retention, since only when the body gets plenty of water will it release the stored water.
• Water gets rid of excess salt.
• Water helps plump the skin and prevents dehydration.
• Water helps to prevent the sagging skin condition that often follows weight loss.
6. Try not to go more than four hours without eating. Keeping blood sugar levels steady translates into more weight loss for you.
7. Snack in the mid-afternoon. Learn to grab a handful of raw almonds, pumpkin seeds, pistachios, or an ounce of low-fat cheese with a piece of fruit. Feeling creative? Try a sliced apple or nectarine rolled in toasted ground or milled flaxseeds with cinnamon, or celery ribs stuffed with mashed tofu, garlic powder, onion powder, and a dash of cayenne.
8. If you go out to eat, ask the server to please remove the bread A.S.A.P. Instead, order a seafood cocktail or grilled Portobello mushrooms to get you started and take the edge off your hunger. This way you won’t be tempted to fill up on carbs.
9. Don’t desert dessert. In other words, don’t deprive yourself. A little bit of a natural fruit sorbet or even fresh fruit (fresh pineapple is so good for your digestion) will give your sweet tooth just the satisfaction it needs. Try my slushy Strawberry Colada made with Fat Flush Body Protein for a real treat.
10. Ensure proper dietary intake. If you eat out frequently, or are prone to skipping meals due to your hectic schedule, then consider a multivitamin to the rescue:
The Female Multiple is important year-round, but is especially ideal during the summer. When you sweat, your body loses magnesium, the most important mineral for your heart. Female Multiple contains an ideal 2:1 magnesium to calcium ratio (250 mg of magnesium and 150 mg of calcium per serving), thus restoring your reserves.
For the men, I would recommend the Male Multiple, which not only boosts the cardiovascular system to withstand the heat of the summer sun, but also elevates a man’s overall health and is a fantastic immune booster. It’s loaded with more B6 and B12 than any other on the market—containing 50 mg of B6, 500 mcg of B12, and 400 mcg of folic acid per serving. Plus, it’s iron-free. That’s great news since excess iron has been linked to cardiovascular events.
If you integrate even two or three of these tips and tricks I bet you’ll reap huge, healthy benefits.
Dear ann Louise I have several of your books I love the living beauty detox book I have a tough time with the fat flush plan for the only reason I and my sausage & meatball rigatoni Ala vodka lovin chef husband & I own and run a very busy Italian restaurant. I think you are great and sing your praises!! Soon I am going to flush the FAT ! The temptations are tough! I have fallen off the fat flush wagon & having a tough time getting back on !!! I just want you to know i think you are awesome! One of your many readers of your wonderfully informative books! cynthia : )
Hi Cynthia! Try using eggplant or zucchini as a pasta substitute! I think you’ll find it works great 🙂
I have a question about the diet, I have bought all your FF books and am on week 3 of your plan, I have had my gall bladder removed 10 years ago and was wondering if that will interfere with the way fats are broken down in my body since the bile is not stored anywhere .
Thanks in advance for a response to this as I can’t seem to find any info on this.
For those Fat Flushers with no gallbladder, we recommend adding HCL+2 and Cholocal to your regimen. These two help emulsify fats and proteins and provide bile salts necessary for proper digestion. With those additions, you should have great success! 🙂
I have been on the FFP for 3 weeks, visited the doctor and was told that have inflammation in my body. Is it ok to continue with the plan and if so do you recommend any supplement to decrease inflammation.
Hi Lillie, The Fat Flush Plan is phenomenal for reducing inflammation. To help speed along the process, I might suggest adding a fish oil supplement or using fish oil in your smoothies. Also, take an extra dose of the GLA-90, and be sure that you are avoiding all grains- even Ezekiel bread. I hope this helps you!
I am confused about your protein powder recommendations. I bought the vegitarian protien powder, but then I keep hearing you talk about the whey protien powder.
which is best for a gal in her mid 50’s wanting to lose weight?
Both are great for losing weight. Because they have a slightly different balance of amino acids they provide different benefits. The FF Whey especially helps with building lean body mass and detoxing the liver. The FF Body Protein helps to reset the metabolism and keeps you satisfied longer when used as a meal replacement.
If you want to kick start your weight loss, I’d suggest the Smoothie Shakedown for a couple of weeks using the FF Body Protein and the FF Kit.