The day of love has arrived and whoever you’re spending it with, I hope you have a full heart, a soaring spirit, and a contagious smile all day. For the health conscious, days like today can sometimes feel difficult to stay on track. Maybe someone brought goodies into the office or that dessert menu on the dinner table seems unavoidable. Well, I have great news! Part of the Fat Flush lifestyle is indulgence!
Valentine’s Day Fudge
—Phase 3, Makes 12 servings
• ½ cup cashew butter
• ¼ cup coconut oil
• 3 tablespoons carob powder
• 3 tablespoons Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener
• ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
• ¼ cup organic cashews, chopped
1) Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
2) Add the first five ingredients to a medium-sized bowl and mix until evenly combined.
3) Stir in the cashews.
4) Spread the mixture evenly in the pan.
5) Freeze for 30 to 60 minutes or until firm.
6) Remove from the freezer and cut into 12 squares.
Red Heart Sorbet
—Phases 2 and 3, Makes 4 servings
• 2 cups raspberries, fresh or frozen
• 2 bananas, sliced
• 1 teaspoon Flora-Key, SweetLeaf Stevia, or Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener
• ½ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1) Place all the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
2) Place in plastic containers or ice-cube trays and freeze at least 2 hours.
3) Take out the partially frozen mixture and stir well to break up the ice crystals.
4) Return to the freezer to freeze completely.
5) Let the sorbet stand 15 minutes at room temperature before serving.
Lovely Fruit Crisp
—Phase 3, Makes 8 servings
• Extra virgin olive oil spray
• 2 baking apples (Granny Smith, Gala, etc.), peeled, cored, and sliced
• 2 pears, peeled, cored, and sliced
• ½ cup cranberries, fresh or frozen
• 1 tablespoon tigernut flour
• ½ teaspoon SweetLeaf Stevia or Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener
• 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 1⁄3 cup tigernut flour
• 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
• 1½ teaspoons SweetLeaf Stevia or Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener
• ½ to 1 teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon
• 2 tablespoons butter, chilled
• ½ cup steel-cut oats, soaked in ½ cup hot water until softened
• ¼ cup chopped walnuts
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) Coat an 8- x 8-inch baking dish with the extra virgin olive oil spray.
3) In a medium bowl, mix the apples, pears, and cranberries.
4) In a small bowl, combine the 1 tablespoon of tigernut flour and the stevia or Lakanto.
5) Stir in the lemon juice, mixing until the stevia or Lakanto is dissolved.
6) Pour over the fruit and toss until well coated.
7) In a separate bowl, combine the 1⁄3 cup of tigernut flour, vanilla protein powder, 1½ teaspoons of stevia or Lakanto, and cinnamon.
8) Cut in the butter, using a pastry blender or 2 knives, until only small lumps remain.
9) Stir in the soaked oats.
10) The oat-flour mixture should resemble a thick paste (stir in a small amount of additional water if needed).
11) Fold in the walnuts.
12) Pour the fruit mixture into the prepared pan and spread the crust mixture over the top.
13) Bake 45 minutes or until brown and crispy on top.
14) For a pretty finish, place under the broiler for the last minute, watching carefully.
15) Remove; let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
In the NEW Fat Flush Cookbook, you’ll find even more yummy desserts, easy on-the-go lunches, savory slow cooker meals, tons of family-friendly selections, satisfying smoothies, and more—all created to reflect the latest cutting-edge nutritional science. Plus, this perfect companion to the NEW Fat Flush Plan also covers all the latest dietary trends including higher fat diets (Paleo and Ketogenic), fasting/ cleansing (green drinks), adaptations for vegans and vegetarians, the microbiome, bile, hormonal fluctuations, gluten and grain avoidance, nutrient deficiencies, thyroid and adrenal burnout, and liver support.
Watch for it this spring and do place your preorder now. I know you’re going to love it.
Happy Valentine’s Day from my heart (and kitchen) to yours!