Parasites 101

Inside a hidden epidemic.

My webinar on the topic of parasites aired last night, but for those of you who missed it, you didn’t miss out on the chance to learn all about these silent critters which are causing so many health concerns.

The chilling reality may very well be that 8 out of 10 of us could be suffering from one or more microscopic vampires or even larger organisms. In 1978 a nationwide survey conducted by the CDC found that 1 in 6 people had one or more parasites. Nearly 30 years later, a second survey found that 1 in 3 were infected.

So – parasites are on the rise and are not only an inconvenient truth, but are one of the most unrecognized, neglected diseases of our time.

The truth is that any type of testing is not always accurate, so it’s impossible to use random stool testing as the “gold standard” for assessing true infection. In a study of diagnostic labs in the US, researchers found that one 1 in 10 correctly identified cases of amebic dysentery – a parasite that can kill you.

The Astounding Facts

Over 130 different “hidden invaders” can account for over 385 diseases.

Their symptoms go way beyond the gastro-intestinal tract. Parasites may be the “underlying” cause of some of the most prevalent insidious and mysterious disorders of our time like leaky gut syndrome – such a popular diagnosis today – as well as auto-immune problems, weight gain or weight loss, and viral conditions to name just a few.

More specifically, parasites and worms can impersonate a multitude of more recognizable diseases.

Chronic fatigue and candida can be a case of chronic giardia.

Ulcerative colitis may be a case of undiagnosed amoeba.

Migraine headaches and depression may be toxoplasmosis. In fact, in one study toxo was found in nearly 50 percent of migraine sufferers. It is believed that toxoplasmosis may stimulate the trigeminal nerve controlling facial and head pain. Other symptoms included mysterious body aches, a fever that comes and goes, and fatigue.

Asthma has been related to roundworm going through the lungs and even type I diabetes can have a parasite connection – tapeworm to be exact.

I have seen ADD and ADHD clear when pinworms were removed.

Food and environmental allergies disappear when worms are eliminated.

I have seen rashes and boils clear when people do a comprehensive targeted colon cleanse.

I have personally experienced how brain fog and hypoglycemia are “lifted” when thread worms are cleared from the system.

We now know that some forms of arthritis can be connected to amoeba while seizures can be triggered by a pork tapeworm infection.

The list goes on and on and can include constipation, diarrhea, gas and bloating, infectobesity, persistent flu-like symptoms, anemia, secondary gluten, casein and lactose intolerance, Crohn’s disease, sleep disturbances, and an enlarged liver or spleen.

Just remember one thing – above all else – as my original 106 year old mentor, Dr. Hazel Parcells, taught me so many decades ago: Parasites are THE most immunosuppressive agent known to man.

They place a major burden on the immune system and are especially toxic to the liver. By eliminating parasites first and foremost your body can then reduce its toxic load and your system can more efficiently clear pathogenic bacteria, heavy metals, fungus, and mold.

Evict these Invaders

Eating daily pumpkin seeds, garlic, onions, and taking HCL can help clear parasites from the system as can my daily cran-water (1 ounce of cranberry juice with 7 ounces of water) due to the four organic acids that can digest toxic wastes. One tablespoon of Diatomaceous Earth in your daily smoothie can break up larger organisms like roundworms and thread worms due to its glass-like consistency.

But for tip-top cleansing, you may want to embark upon a spring cleansing with My Colon Cleansing Kit. This three-part system has shown extraordinary results for many years.

The kit contains:

Para-Key – To help cleanse the intestines naturally using herbal ingredients.
Verma-Plus – To target the larger critters with powerful traditional herbs.
Flora-Key – To provide a healthy dose of 5 strains of beneficial bacteria.

As a special gift to all ALG fans, UNI KEY is offering 20% off My Colon Cleansing Kit until May 31, 2016!

Please use the code PARA20 at checkout and note that this offer cannot be combined with any other promotions.

To watch the full Parasites 101: Inside a Hidden Epidemic webinar, please follow this link.

Thank you so much to everyone who tuned in. I’ll see you at the next webinar on May 18, 2016!

• Doreen April 13, 2016 - 7:03 pm Reply

Last time I did a cleanse my energy levels pumeted. Could that have been from die off. I hesitate to do another clease because my energy has never increased since then. Please advise.

• Team ALG April 13, 2016 - 9:26 pm Reply

Doreen: Did you do the Colon Cleanse referenced above?? We cannot answer your question until we know which program you are referring to. Please let us know.+

• Teniel April 13, 2016 - 7:33 pm Reply

Do you believe to get rid of parasites you have to eliminate all natural sugars including fruit? Because parasites love sweet stuff.

• Team ALG April 13, 2016 - 9:27 pm Reply

Hi Teniel: Actually, it would be helpful to eliminate ALL natural sugars (including those contained in fruits) for the first two weeks on the program to get the best results. If this is not possible, then reducing the amounts and types of fruit would be helpful.

• Vernie April 13, 2016 - 9:23 pm Reply

To get get all the stages of the parasites, should the Colon Cleanse Kit be done for a total of three times.? How long should one wait in between the kits? Does the Florq Key portion have the lacto and bifido strains? These are problematic for those of us with SIBO.

• Team ALG April 13, 2016 - 9:32 pm Reply

Dear Vernie: We suggest that you can add Zymex II (a natural digestive supplement which can help target the eggs and larvae) between meals during the second two weeks of treatment. That being said, many individuals do the program for one full cycle (two weeks on, five days off, two weeks on) and then use the Kit formulas during the full moon period as discussed in the webinar. If you have SIBO, then by all means use a probiotic you can tolerate in place of the Flora Key during the second two weeks of treatment. We hope this is clear.

• Elizabeth April 14, 2016 - 3:38 pm Reply

Do you also encourage eliminating all grains and starchy vegetables such as squash, sweet potatoes and pumpkin?

• Team ALG April 14, 2016 - 5:55 pm Reply

ALG recommends starchy veggies like squash, sweet potato and pumpkins, turnips, rutabaga, parnsips and yams to replace most grains – with the exception of seed-like grains such as quinoa and amaranth and buckwheat!!

• Margarita April 16, 2016 - 1:24 pm Reply

Hi:

Just yesterday I finished the 1st 15 days of the My Colon Cleanse Kit protocol and am now in the first 5 day rest period, and I have a few questions please.

During these 2 weeks I’ve been feeling weak & fatigued, with a lack of appetite, constipated (I drink several glasses of water daily), and also with a lack of mental clarity (fogginess).

Do you think that all or some of these symptoms might be due to a die off reaction, or could they be something else?

Also, I’ve been very thirsty and with a dry mouth in spite of drinking a lot of water.

Can I include quinoa in my foods that are allowed during the remainder of the cleansing period?

Can I drink Bragg’s apple cider vinegar w/mother during the remaining 15 days? This is for varicose veins. At the moment I’m only applying it dermally.

Thanks in advance for any comments and suggestions.

• Team ALG April 17, 2016 - 11:13 am Reply

Margarita: It sounds like you are in major detox — and may not be supporting yourself enough with adrenal or protein support. Make sure you are doubling up on your EFAS in the form of flax or fish oil and do note that thirst is not unusual. Also, if you are finding that you are urinating more (the cranberry in one of the formulas is mildly diuertic) then we suggest more potassium and magnesium which will help your constipation as well as increasing fiber in cooked veggies. AOK to the apple cider vinegar. Let us know how you do with each of these recommendations. The oils will probably help more than anything, however, to counteract your dry mouth and irregularity.

• Margarita April 21, 2016 - 10:07 am Reply

Thanks for your recommendations.

Today I started part 2 with the Flora Key.

Is it OK to eat quinoa? I’ve lost a lot of wheight (not much to begin with).

• Team ALG April 21, 2016 - 4:25 pm Reply

Glad you are starting the Flora-Key.Yes Margarita you can eat quinoa.

• Margarita April 21, 2016 - 9:27 pm Reply

Thank you for your dedication Dr!

• Julie Horney April 17, 2016 - 6:39 pm Reply

My Doc dowsn’t want me taking FOS and I see that it is an ingredient in Flora Key. I no longer tolerate at least 7 brands of probiotics or 1 brand of Probiophage. May I take VSL#3 instead of Flora Key? Thank you.

• Team ALG April 19, 2016 - 9:45 am Reply

Hi Julie: NO problem, at all. Use the probiotic of your choice during the appropriate time.

• Sarah April 17, 2016 - 8:52 pm Reply

After listening to the audio, am I understanding that you believe that food allergies are caused by parasites? I thought that leaky gut was possibly the cause of food allergies. Is there a difference between food allergies and food sensitivity?

• Team ALG April 19, 2016 - 9:46 am Reply

Sarah: Food allergies AND sensitivities can both be caused by parasites. You indeed heard that right and since parasites are one of the most prevalent underlying causes of leaky gut, they are the true “cause” behind the “cause.” Hope this helps!

• Ivana May 6, 2016 - 2:01 am Reply

Hello!

I have listened to your podcasts, and read ‘Guess what..’. Before I order My Colon Cleanse I just wanted to clarify if the set will kill all the parasites, or there are some that can be left unharmed? Since the book mentiones a whole range of different meds for each parasite, I thought to cross check.

Also, would you recommend a liver support during the treatment? Since my liver is sluggish already, I wouldnt like to overburden it with toxins due to die off. Is your liver support product sufficient or should I add larginine or something else, what would you recommend?

Thank you so much for your advice!

• Pamela May 14, 2016 - 3:48 pm Reply

I started the colon cleanse this week. I have two questions. First, I’ve been following Dr. Axe’s leaky gut diet, which includes raw goat’s milk yogurt that has been fermented for 24 hours. I hate to throw it out, so am wondering if it is okay to include? Two, I have had on and off lower abdominal cramping, thirst, and feeling like I have a mild case of the flu. Is this normal? Thanks!

• Team ALG June 2, 2016 - 2:39 pm Reply

Yogurt is OK to include in your diet during this time. Some people have similar symptoms for up to 4 days while they are experiencing die-off.

• Sheila Tidd May 24, 2016 - 8:40 pm Reply

Hi
    You kindly answered my question before but I cant find the answer now.
    I have had blastio cystic hominous for over 6 years and have been treated in a Sydney hospital with very powerful drugs but to no avail I still have the parasite.
    I am about to order the colon cleanse…should I do two treatments?
    Also I read on one of the info notes with one bottle that it may need a second treatment and also not to use B12.
    I have copper poisoning and have the mutant gene CF 667. I take b12, chelated zinc,
    chelated molybdenum plus other prescribed nutrients. This was diagnosed last October. It affects my brain and have had various pains around my body believed to be the copper in my tissue. I am 68 and had multiple miscarriages and non hormone receptive breast cancer which may be related to the mutant gene.
    With diet and nutrients and vitamins I am getting the copper under control. I now need to address the parasite.
    The spin off with excessive copper …it keeps me looking 10 years younger…says she laughing!

• Betsy May 24, 2016 - 9:01 pm Reply

I’ve tried these various products for years. I found that I’m unable to tolerate the 3 products for colon cleanse. I currently have problems with my adrenal glands and wondering if that could possibly be due to the parasites. When I was taking the colon cleanse, I experienced some of the same symptoms as Margarita has described above, brain fog, constipation and just lack of energy. I thought I was going to be relieved from those symptoms, especially the brain fog. Is there an alternative to getting rid of parasites without having those awful side effects. It there something to support good health for my adrenal glands. thanks

• Annie June 1, 2016 - 5:42 pm Reply

I am 9 days into using your cleanse system, taking the Para Key and Verma Plus daily as directed. Eating meat and cooked veggies as my staple diet. And drinking 1 cup of coffee with coconut oil in the morning. I have pretty much eaten this way 80% of the time…now there’s no cheating.
    I take Lauricidin, CuraMed and Iodoral every morning. No other vitamins at this time.
    I started because I am always very tired, couldn’t sit without falling asleep after about 15 minutes, I have Epstein Bar Syndrome. It was also difficult for me to breathe cold air without having major sinus drainage. As well as most foods causing sinus drainage as well. I had a pretty bad case of candida..thrush on my tongue, and throat. My stomach is quite large even though I am only about 10 pounds over weight. I never had a stomach like this before. I am 64 years old and have had hot flashes going on 15 years…and have started going to the gym 3 days a week for the past 4 months.
    Before starting the cleanse, I took Nistatin for the candida for about a month which cleared up the thrush on my tongue.
    After taking your product for 9 days, it seems I breathe a bit better in cold air, and I seem to have a bit more energy. I haven’t had any really bad side affects yet.
    I am concerned, though, about the amount of alcohol in the Verma Plus having affect on my candida situation. Please tell me if this okay, since the diet says to not have any alcohol, especially with candida. Also, is it ok to have coffee during this cleanse?
    Thanks for your help, I do believe the cleanse is working.

• Linda Tirella June 14, 2016 - 5:58 pm Reply

Is there alcohol in Verma Plus? I have Pancreatitis and can’t have any alcohol. My doctors don’t know the cause of the pancreatitis , had an MRI and it showed a couple of small cysts in pancreas and multiple small cysts in liver. Could a colon cleanse help?

Linda

• Team ALG June 17, 2016 - 2:10 pm Reply

Parasites can be an underlying cause of some cysts. You could gently warm the doses of Verma Plus in water to let the alcohol evaporate before you take them.

• Mimi Crist January 5, 2017 - 12:08 pm Reply

So nice to find you–I followed Dr.Parcells in Albuquerque so many years ago. The people around her were so wonderful. I truly miss them. Thank you for continuing her work.