About the First Lady of Nutrition, Inc.
Internationally known celebrity nutritionist, and New York Times bestselling author of more than 35 books, Ann Louise Gittleman, PhD, CNS, is the “First Lady of Nutrition”. She is a leading innovator in the field of integrative medicine, dietary, environmental, and women’s health issues and a trailblazer whose impeccable, groundbreaking research and knowledge paved the path for nutritionists today.
A Woman of “Firsts”
Ann Louise is also well respected as a trailblazer in Alternative Medicine. As a protege of Dr. Hazel Parcells, the “Grande Dame of Alternative Medicine”, Gittleman was so inspired by Parcells’ teachings that it catapulted her own career to new heights. She created a stunning series of “Firsts“ – decades before her male counterparts – establishing trends that continue to this day:
- First to talk about the dangers of no fat, low fat (Beyond Pritikin, 1988)
- First to talk about sugar as the culprit behind weight gain and insulin resistance in the American Diet (Beyond Pritikin, 1988)
- First to recommend butter as the best margarine substitute (Beyond Pritikin, 1988)
- First to identify Gluten Intolerance (Beyond Pritikin, 1988)
- First to talk about the hidden epidemic of parasites (Guess What Came To Dinner, 1993)
- First to characterize Menopause as a “natural” change for women (Super Nutrition for Women, 1997)
- First to identify Perimenopause as a brand new phase of life for women (Before The Change, 1997)
- First to acknowledge ancient healing wisdom of eating according to the seasons, (Living Beauty Detox Program, 1999)
- First to coin the phrase, “No diet without detox” (Fat Flush, 2001)
- First to dub the liver as the body’s fat burning organ and the lymph as the body’s fat processing system (Fat Flush, 2001)
- First to write about “Obesogens” as fattening chemicals (Fast Track Detox Diet, 2005)
- First to write about the scientific value and benefits of fasting, (Fast Track Detox Diet, 2005)
- First to uncover the significance of a missing or malfunctioning glabladder in weight loss (Radical Metabolism, 2018)
- First to proclaim aging as a treatable disease once root causes are corrected (Radical Longevity, 2021)
At the onset of her career in a male-dominated society and era, Ann Louise found herself in a primarily male-dominated field, but has earned the respect of her contemporaries around the world time and time again.
The legendary Dr. Robert Atkins, creator of the low carb Atkins Diet
“Before there was low-carb, paleo, keto and all the other diet fads out there, there was the wisdom of Ann Louise Gitttleman, truly “The First Lady of Nutrition.” Her 40 years of writing, speaking, lobbying, all on behalf of educating the nation on nutrition, makes Ann Louise Gittleman a genuine national health resource.”
Dr. Mark Hyman, 14X New York Times bestselling author
First Lady of Nutrition Forward…
Always one to “pay it forward,” Ann Louise Gittleman continues on her quest to transform health and wellness with her weekly Internationally-ranked podcast, The First Lady of Nutrition Podcast. Each week, Ann Louise interviews up-and-coming luminaries in the Alternative and Natural Health space, giving these professionals another platform in which to share their expertise with listeners around the world.
Additionally, Ann Louise contributes a weekly column to Woman’s World magazine, the most-read women’s magazine in the U.S. She is also a regular contributor to First for Woman magazine and The Epoch Times (2021-2022). She continues to make regular appearances on popular national television shows, summits, and other webinars.