If you want to lose weight, boost your energy, and slash your risk for diabetes and heart disease, then coffee may be just the secret weapon you’re looking for.
Just pour yourself a cup of coffee or brew a cup of oolong tea and read on.
First, I’ll let you in on a little secret. My new Radical Metabolism plan is turbo charged for weight loss and overall health benefits and coffee is a mainstay in the plan.
Radical Metabolism is chock full of polyphenols like chlorogenic acid from coffee that not only boost your metabolism to lose weight for good, but also dramatically reduce your disease risks and whole body inflammation, while energizing you and increasing your overall sense of wellbeing.
Found most abundantly in coffee, chlorogenic acid is a polyphenol plant compound that’s also found in much lesser amounts in tea, tomatoes, eggplant, sunflower seeds, sweet potatoes, carrots, apples, pears, blueberries, mulberries, and many other fruits and vegetables. This powerful antioxidant not only cuts cravings and induces fat loss, but also lowers blood pressure and cholesterol, and has antiviral effects as well. But its health and weight loss effects don’t stop there.
Drink Coffee and Lose Weight with Chlorogenic Acid
Coffee has a secret weapon—chlorogenic acid, which is its most abundant polyphenol. CGA stimulates weight loss through several mechanisms, which come together in an ingenious way to stimulate your metabolism and melt the extra pounds off.
- Chlorogenic acid, or CGA, is thermogenic, so it instructs your body’s fat cells to burn their fatty acids for fuel. The mechanism it uses to accomplish this is the same one the statin drugs use to lower your cholesterol, only without all the side effects.
- CGA cuts your cravings and suppresses your appetite so you eat fewer calories.
- It activates the liver to produce more bile and increases your fat-burning metabolism.
- CGA helps the liver process fats and glucose more efficiently, lowering triglyceride levels and stabilizing blood sugars.
- Its effect on blood sugar balancing decreases the risk of metabolic syndrome and diabetes.
- The potent antioxidant effects of CGA inhibit the growth of new fat cells.
- Chlorogenic acid works together with the caffeine in coffee to reduce belly fat by increasing the number of fat cells that are opened up and burned for energy.
- CGA also ramps up fat burning while you’re sleeping – a Norwegian study reported that women who drank high-CGA coffee dropped three times more weight than women who consumed lower CGA brews.
The Health Benefits of CGA
Chlorogenic acid isn’t just for weight loss. This powerful antioxidant free radical scavenger has received a lot of attention in recent years due to its many positive health effects, and more are being discovered daily as more research is done:
- Weight loss and appetite reduction
- Strong antioxidant that fights free radicals
- Recovers and regenerates kidney tissue
- Binds opioid receptors in the brain and is neuroprotective
- Lowers the risk of certain cancers, including breast and colon
- Protects DNA, fats, and proteins from oxidative damage
- Protects against cellular and tissue injury from ischemia and loss of blood supply
- Protects the liver from damage
- Slows progress of chronic hepatitis
- Protects the intestines from oxidative injury
- Lowers cholesterol and triglycerides
- Lowers blood pressure
- Antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal
- Fights insomnia and helps you fall asleep faster
Brew Your Way to a Better Metabolism with Coffee
Chlorogenic acid levels depend on where coffee beans originate and how they’re roasted. Coffee plants grown at high altitudes with extreme climatic conditions (temperature fluctuations, wind, etc.) will produce more polyphenols to protect themselves. Look for beans from Ethiopia, Kenya, Mexico, Colombia, and Brazil, especially higher elevations.
If you’re a dark roast fan, dial it down a notch to medium or even light. Once beans are roasted beyond medium, they’ve lost 75 percent of their fat-blasting, pant-size-lowering polyphenols like CGA.
Learn to enjoy your brew sans dairy because it makes polyphenols 28 percent less bioavailable. What about decaf? Even the best ones have 25 percent fewer polyphenols. I recommend Purity Coffee because it contains the highest level of antioxidants of any coffee beans available today. Purity Coffee is organic and has zero contaminants, including mold. Save 20% off of your FIRST order with code: DETOX20.
If coffee doesn’t agree with you, consider oolong tea. The metabolism-boosting benefits of oolong tea are well established. Oolong tea has twice the belly fat-burning capacity of green tea, and is richer in polyphenols. It also decreases hunger, lowers LDL cholesterol, and increases energy. If you have thyroid issues, I would avoid tea altogether to eliminate the potential for fluoride exposure. Unfortunately, tea is a hyperaccumulator and soaks up contaminants like fluoride like a sponge, and can decrease thyroid function and slow your metabolism.