A Soup For All Seasons.
My original Fat Flush® Soup Diet has helped thousands to detoxify and beat their bloat while emulsifying fat. While there are a multitude of copycat “Fat Flush Soup” recipes on the internet, here’s the program that really works (and has been clinically tested).
Initially developed as a stand-alone Fat Flush diet introductory program to The Fat Flush Plan and Fat Flush for Life, the Soup Diet has taken on a life of its own ever since it was introduced in Woman’s World and First For Women.
According to research from a study at Penn State, eating soup can trigger you to consume up to 448 fewer calories per meal.
This satisfying meal-in-a-bowl is an easy go-to recipe to help jumpstart long term weight loss or bust through a plateau.
Superstar Soup Ingredients
The Fat Flush Soup is deliciously easy to make!
The slimming FALL ingredients include:
- Warming and earthy flavor-filled spices like cumin, for example, which helps the digestive system by relieving abdominal distention and gas and helps to alleviate migraines and headaches.
- Ample amounts of vitamin-rich farm fresh veggies to fulfill your body’s nutritional needs, plus antioxidants that will protect your cells and slow the aging process.
- Lean ground protein (like beef, turkey or chicken) that is an important building block for bones, muscles, cartilage, skin, and blood.
- Fiber-filled beans to dramatically reduce appetite while regulating blood sugar and making you feel fuller—faster.
- Breakfast: Start the day with a protein rich breakfast in the morning. I suggest two eggs with green veggies or a plant protein smoothie with 20 grams of clean vegetarian-based protein per serving to help kick-start glucagon, the protein-based hormone that mobilizes fat from storage. My Fat Flush Body Protein (free of heavy metals and GMOs) fits the program perfectly and deliciously and will keep you satisfied for up to four hours.
- Lunch/Dinner: Savor thesoup twice a day—preferably at lunch and dinner.
- Water: Throughout the day, sip on herbal teas, hot water with lemon, Cran-Water or plain water. The key is to consume at least 64 oz. of liquid.
- Snacks: Snack on veggies—my favorites are crunchy varieties like jicama with lime juice or celery sticks. For an extra protein boost, you may also have up to 2 hard boiled eggs daily (if not already consumed at breakfast).
Here’s the recipe:
Makes 10 to 12 cups (serving size is 2 to 3 cups)
2 tsp. olive oil
1 ¼ lbs. lean ground beef, turkey or chopped chicken*
1 large onion, peeled and chopped
1 large red, orange and/or green pepper, seeded and chopped
1 large zucchini or yellow squash, chopped
8 oz. mushrooms, chopped
2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
1 bottle (46 oz.) reduced-sodium tomato or vegetable cocktail juice
1 can (15 oz.) pinto, garbanzo or black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (14 oz.) crushed tomatoes
1 Tbs. fresh lime juice
1 Tbs. ground cumin
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper, or to taste
¼ cup each fresh cilantro and parsley leaves, chopped
1. In sauce pot over medium-high heat, cook oil 30 seconds or until heated.
2. Add beef, turkey or chicken and cook 5 minutes or until cooked through, stirring occasionally.
3. Remove from skillet; drain, if desired.
4. In same sauce pot, cook onions, peppers, zucchini, mushrooms and garlic for 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
5. Stir in next 6 ingredients and cooked meat.
6. Add up to 1 cup water to thin soup, if desired.
7. Cover and bring soup just to a simmer (do not let boil).
8. Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
9. Stir in cilantro and parsley; cover and let simmer 5 minutes more.
Soup can be stored up to 5 days in the refrigerator or frozen for 2-3 weeks.
*Or for vegetarian option, omit meat and add another can of beans.
A Soup for All Reasons
Personalized Adjustments and Additions
My signature soup recipe goes on to the next level by individualizing weight loss and recommending very special ingredient “add-ins” that address the top four weight gain triggers most commonly experienced by frustrated dieters: a sluggish thyroid, burned out adrenals, a toxic liver, and yeast overload.
Boost Mood and Brain Power:
Feeling tired, blue, and foggy?
Try adding a little seaweed gomasio.
Seaweed, rich in thyroid-nourishing iodine, helps ensure healthy production of the thyroid hormone.
Kill Carb Cravings:
Feeling carb cravings and GI distress?
Replace the mushroom (which are a fungus and can increase Candida growth in people with sensitivities) with 1/2 cup of grated daikon (a mild Japanese radish).
Daikon contains digestive enzymes that help break down fat and clear out toxins. You may also choose to double the garlic (4 cloves, total) or add 1 small peeled and chopped eggplant.
Amp Up Adrenals:
Feeling stressed, light-headed, or craving salt?
Add 4 to 5 cups of spinach or escarole while the soup is simmering.
Stress causes the adrenals to increase their cortisol output (keeping stress levels high), but increasing levels of magnesium suspends the stress cycle and gives the adrenals a chance to recharge.
Take Care of Toxins:
Feeling puffy or have reoccurring headaches?
Increase the amount of cilantro to 1/2 cup.
The herb binds to heavy metals like mercury and lead, and speeds their excretion via the kidneys (bypassing the liver, reducing its filter burden.)
Also try adding 1 tsp. of turmeric to the basic recipe. Its anti-inflammatory action restores the liver’s ability to clear trapped fat and toxins.
Soup Up Your Results with These Fast Track Add-Ons…
Super-GI Cleanse – Cleansing herbs plus five sources of gentle & effective fiber for regularity, liver, colon, kidney and lymph detox*
Liver-Lovin Formula – Liver and gallbladder support featuring artichoke, chlorophyll and the amino acid taurine which detoxifies bile acids and toxins*
Flora-Key – 5-strain powdered probiotic formula to ensure complete absorption and assimilation with prebiotic features*
20% off when you buy all three in the Fast Detox Diet Kit (ends Friday)